Marriage tips for newlyweds
So you are engaged and on your way to getting married. As I was looking for wedding advice and tips I came across this article on “The Top 5 Marriage Tips for Newlyweds” on RockInMarriage.com and just loved some of the points so I thought that I would summarize it here. Their high level points are:
- Avoid the assumption that there’s one right way to do things. Everyone is different, has a different background, culture and point of reference. There are very few things in life that are black and white. Make sure that you work through things as a team and always consider the other persons perspective and opinions
- Have fun. When you were dating and “wooing” it is fun and exciting. Teh thrill of dating and getting to know each other creates that spark. Make time to have fun together. It is easy to get caught in our daily lives but put time aside to do things that you love to do together. Even if it is as simple as a walk in the park or a trip to the museum.
- Write down your agreements. I wasn’t sure about this at first but after giving it some thought it has some sound logic. We all have things that are important to us and if we have agreed to certain things writing these down is a good reminder of things that are important to both of you. The things on this list might be a good place to start.
- Be grateful. There is an old saying that ”You can choose your friends, but not your family”. The most important friend that you will ever choose is your spouse. Be grateful that your partner choose you and show them that you mean it.
- Be flexible. We always have to choose our battles. Is it better to win the battle or the war. It feels a little wrong to use that phrase within the context of marriage but it holds some truth. There are always arguments or little disagreements in our relationships but as we are faced with these is it better to be “right” at this moment or to be flexible and make compromises to have a stronger relationship. It is in most of our natures to prove that we are right but this can come at a cost. Don’t always try to have the last word and consider your relationship when faced with these moments.
There are many sites and lists that provide advice on marriage but if we are considerate, respectful and are best friends almost anything can be worked out as a team.
Funny Wedding Invitation
I had to share this as sometimes you just need a good laugh. Some of these are funny because they are so true. We have been to weddings where these types of things have happened. Lets hope you don’t have any of these but if you do just have a good laugh.
Community Event | Milton District Hospital Foundation Gala
Last night our community came together in an effort to put on one fantastic event to benefit and support a critical part of our town. Milton District Hospital Foundation pulled together a group of volunteers and put on one heck of an evening.
Under the Sultan’s tent was a spectacular gala. Congratulations to all of those who helped put on this event and to all those who came out to support the heart of our community.
This is just a sneak peak of some of the highlights of the evening. For a look at a few more photographs of the wonderful evening have a look at my Blink Of An Eye Photography Facebook Page.
xo — at Blink of an Eye Photography.