Wedding Photographer – 1,500 Fan Promotion
Blink Of An Eye Photography is excited to announce that they will be having a special promotion / contest for reaching 1,500 fans on Facebook. This promotion will be available on:
- Blink Of An Eye – Baby, Maternity and Family Photographer
- Photographers for Wedding – Wedding Photography
- Blink Parties – Photography Parties for Girls
As well as our Blink Facebook page.
We wanted to thank all of our customers, fans and their friends and family for their significant support.
We will launch the full details shortly on all of the great sponsors that will be supplying prizes.
The Blink Of An Eye Wedding Photographer team is all female and ideal for South Asian weddings and other cultures that require a female wedding photographer to document the bride and her family while she is getting ready.
Even where cultures and customs do not necessitate a female wedding photographer we find that many brides feel more comfortable and at home with a female wedding photographer team to document the day prior to the ceremony. Having been trained as a doula in addition to the many pregnant and nursing moms that we have in our studio we strive to make any woman comfortable in any situation. Your wedding day can be stressful and having someone that you feel comfortable while getting your make up ready, getting dressed and bonding with your bridal party can impact the overall tone of the day.
See below to learn more about Eva.
Wedding Photography using light painting
What is light painting and how can it be used in your wedding photography?
"Light painting is a photographic technique in which exposures are made by moving a hand-held light source or by moving the camera. The term light painting also encompasses images lit from outside the frame with hand-held light sources. Light Painting Photography can be traced back to the year 1914 when Frank Gilbreth, along with his wife Lillian Moller Gilbreth, used small lights and the open shutter of a camera to track the motion of manufacturing and clerical workers. Man Ray, in his 1935 series “Space Writing,” was the first known art photographer to use the technique andBarbara Morgan began making light paintings in 1940."
Doing something a little different and fun can make your wedding photography stunning. Depending on the style that you are looking for using light to enhance your photographs can create an image that is unique. Light painting can be difficult sometimes in a summer wedding as it is best if you have complete or nearly complete darkness. If you do have a wedding in summer there is always the option to do it inside your venue if they have a dark area.
But no matter when you have your wedding look for an interesting idea to show something different for a few of your wedding photographs to augment the traditional posses, impromptu moments and the overall story of your wedding day.
Planning for Wedding Photography
When interviewing a photographer make sure you fully trust them. Feel comfortable with their manor and make sure they fit your personality. They will be with you for almost every moment and you need to feel comfortable that they will be there to help you through the day.
A true professional will look like one.
- Spend some time on their wedding photography portfolio, look at the style and feel. It should match what you are looking for.
- They should have a professional website and marketing materials.
- In this day and age check out their social media presence, what are people saying about them on Facebook, how many fans do they have etc…
- Make sure they have a contract that outlines exactly what you are getting so everyone knows what is expected
What should you think about in your wedding photography package?
Try and have a second shooter included in your wedding photography package. It is a busy day with lots of things going on. By having two wedding photographers you can capture things like both the guys and girls getting ready in the morning. Two photographers will enable you to capture the back of your dress while you are walking down the isle. During the reception and formal pictures the second wedding photographer can take those candid moments of grandma or the flower girl while you are getting the posed shots.
If you can have an engagement session. It is a great time to catch those impromptu casual moments. It is also a great time to learn about each other. It gives you a chance to see what feels comfortable and what you like / dislike without the pressure of the wedding day.
Think of a few things that you might like on the day. We have started doing digital picture frames on the wedding day. If your photographer can manage it after the formal picture while your guests are mingling a small sample of the photographs from the day can be edited and placed on a memory card to be used. It is often a nice conversation piece and gives some of the guests to see the formal pictures that you just had done as well as some of those fun moments before the ceremony.
Plan your formal wedding pictures.
- Make sure you leave enough time. It is a packed day with lots of things to get done but schedule enough time to get everything that you want. You won’t be able to do it again. Especially if you have young or older family members.
- If you can pick somewhere that is meaningful. A memorable spot from where you met. Don’t be afraid of something a little different.
- Plan for the weather. There are some great spots in the GTA, near the lake, in the escarpment, some wonderful parks and flower gardens. What happens if it rains? Make sure you always have a backup plan. (Also don’t forget the permits if your town requires).
- Do a few wedding photographs when you don’t have the entire wedding party and family around. It is a chance to catch a few special moments alone.
- Take it easy and have fun!
With wedding photography make sure you take the time and plan, these are the pictures that you might one day show your children or grand children.
In this day and age of social media don’t be afraid to do some research on your own for the poses and photographs that you would like. Your photographer will have a wealth of ideas about different poses, how to accommodate your family, special and different photos for the wedding couple but well in advance start having a look to see if there is something different that you really like.
Where to start? Pinterest is a great place to start. Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.
It is easy to search for great ideas or something a little different that spars your interest and would just lie to try. Now don’t surprise your photographer on the day but do your research well in advance and bring these great new ideas to one of you pre-wedding photography consultations.
Some easy search terms:
Even better create a board of your own, invite friends and family and get their opinions and thoughts. Let them comment and also pin to your board with their ideas.
Don’t just due this for photos, flowers, dress, menu almost anything can be shared.
Photographers For Wedding
Blink Of An Eye Photography is excited to announce the launch of photographersforwedding.ca our new site dedicated to our growing Wedding Photography business. The site will be an avenue for Blink Of An Eye Photography to showcase our wedding photography work.
We will use our blog to not only showcase our inspiration and wedding photography work but to also share useful tips, advice and inspiration for your special day.
Over the days and months we hope to cover:
- Great places and inspiration for Engagement Photography
- Interesting & fun things to work into your wedding photography
- Fun ideas that we find for every part of the wedding day
- Local vendors and suppliers that we have tried and can recommend
- Other wedding resources and blogs to help you plan your day.
We look forward to build special memories for that once in a lifetime moment.
Burlington Wedding Photography @ RBG
I just had the pleasure of meeting with a new wedding client who has selected the Royal Botanical Gardens as their wedding venue. It is such a lovely spot for photographs especially for a Spring or Summer wedding. They have a variety of gardens both inside and outside that make a lovely backdrop for the ceremony and the wedding photographs of the bride & groom.
RBG is able to accommodate the ceremony in one of 2 venues.
- Royal Court is a private outdoor area that can seat up to 120 guests. Its colourful plants and ornamental ponds provide a quaint garden setting for your ceremony. A canopy provides shade and protection from rain.
- Rose Garden Tent is nestled in the Hendrie Park Gardens and can seat up to 300 guests. What could be more picturesque than the many blooms and plants surrounding your memorable day.
If you are looking for more details please visit their site here.
Tips for wedding photographs.
When planning your wedding there some important things to take into consideration, especially for your wedding photographs.
- How large is your wedding party and family, will the space be able to accommodate everyone for large group shots.
- Do you have elderly family members or friends? Spots with lots of stairs or uneven surfaces can sometime make it more difficult. This can be more of an issue if the ground is wet or soft and it has rained they day before or in the morning.
- What is the light like? A large open space outside could have “glaring” sun that makes it harder on the eyes. Everything can be accommodated but venues that offer some shade from trees or buildings can make nice pictures. The best light for photographs usually is 1-2 hours before sunset.
- Shade also offers a cooler spot to wait. Both the guys and girls will be dressed up so the hot sun of a summer wedding can make it more uncomfortable, a little shade for 15 minutes of pictures can be a welcome relief.
- If you pictures will be indoors remeber natural light makes for better pictures. A venue with large windows will make you look better.
Blink Of An Eye: Oakville, Milton, Mississauga, Hamilton, Burlington Wedding Photography
Welcome Lil‘ Chelsea Bun. Lil’ Chelsea Bun is a local Milton supplier of headbands, clips, garters and other accessories. If you are looking for something special to dress up your cute little flower girl or younger bridesmaids there are many sweet accessories available:
- Flower clips
- Head bands
- Vintage and feather pieces
- Pony ties
Also don’t forget the garter and “toss” garter individually or as a set.
Still haven’t got a bakery for your wedding cake or cupcakes for your wedding day or wedding shower? Sprinkles cakes and cupcakes is a wonderful baker in Milton. Ontario.
Michelle has generously donated her items for our functions and her work has always been superb.
Looking for something cute for that adorable flower girl or the younger members of the bridal party? Lil’ Chelsea Bun Hair Accessories has some great clips, headbands, hair pieces and even garters for the bride.