Oakville Milton Humane Society Fundraiser
To round off an absolutely amazing day…..long table dinner to support the Oakville Humane Society Photographed the incredible chef David Adjey again (this time in action) and had an entire meal prepared by the man himself! That is all
Vintage Camera – Wedding Photographer
I love the look of vintage pieces no matter what they are. Recently I have been collecting vintage camera’s. As a photographer they add that special touch in my studio. Some of these I like for just their history while others have significance in my life. This first camera is the same model that my mother had when she was younger. The Kodak camera on the chair in the second picture was given to me by my mother in law as it was her fathers camera that had been kept in the family.
Happy Mothers Day
With my job I am blessed to spend so much time with new mothers. Happy mothers day to all of the mothers today. Have a great day with your families.
Wedding Ideas – Bridesmaid or Flower Girl Gifts
Check out these gorgeous pieces done by a super sweet girl! She’s coming out with an entire line soon They would be great wedding idea as a bridesmaid or flower girl gift. Stay tuned! If you are interested or if you just want to take a better look visit her Facebook page.
Engagement Sessions – Milton – Lowville
The weather is absolutely gorgeous this week for an engagement session. I am excited to have a wonderful couple to photograph at Lowville park in Milton / Burlington this week. The combination of the natural light in the late afternoon/early evening plus the natural beauty of the park, river and trees will make for a stunning background.
Sunset Engagement session this evening…. ♥
Oakville Milton Humane Society – Cause for Paws
Recently I was able to head out to Oakville to snap some super sweet pics of this gorgeous girl in this “extra” fancy carrier LV bag up for auction at the Oakville Humane Society’s (OMHS) event coming up – Cause for Paws! It was such an honour meeting this beauty today….she’s definitely a lover ♥ — at Blink of an Eye Photography.
The OMHS is a cause that is near and dear to my heart. I support many events throughout the year. Money raised at the Cause for Paws events assist in running vital programs at the OMHS. Cause for Paws 2013 is taking place at Appleby College (540 Lakeshore Road West) on Thursday, June 27. To find out more information about the event please visit their event website at http://www.causeforpawsoakville.com/
This was just shared on Blink of an Eye Photography‘s page yesterday! I didn’t see it until today and I wanted to share this great success! HUGE congratulations to the Kurves Brow Bar and Bramalea City Centre for their win!
"I wanted to say thank you to the amazing Eva for taking pictures of our kiosk to be entered in the 2013 Visual Victories Awards. The Visual Victories Awards is a world wide visual merchandising competition and thanks to Eva’s great photography skills, we were able to win 1st place for Best Kiosk Display! Eva’s photo was featured in Specialty Retail Report Magazine, as well as at the SPREE Conference in Las Vegas. If you would like to see her winning photo, I have attached the link below to the magazine article. The 1st place winning photo was Kurves Brow Bar at Bramalea City Centre."
Kurves Brow Bar
Retailer: Mike Momin
Location: Bramalea City Centre, Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Entry submitted by: Andrew Butler, General Manager, Morguard
Visual Merchandiser: Kurves BB Franchise, Inc.
Modern and sleek are words that come to mind when approaching the Kurves kiosk.
The kiosk is built entirely of square and rectangular components and the name really stands out amongst the angular surroundings. The judges agreed that the color choice was an important factor in their decision to vote for this kiosk as the favorite. The overall effect is a clean and simple design with sign placement and logo design that clearly identify the purpose of the product/service.
Blink Of An Eye Photography was awarded Canada’s Best New Wedding Photographer by Wedding Industry Experts by receiving over 1,300 votes in the voting period.
As release on i-newswire.com: http://www.i-newswire.com/blink-of-an-eye-photography-wins/221415
“We would like to thank our clients, friends, colleagues and family for helping make Blink Of An Eye Wedding Photography the Best New Wedding Photographer in Canada as awarded by the Wedding Industry Experts Awards.” – Eva Mende-Gibson: Owner Blink Of An Eye Photography. For more information please go to our dedicated wedding photography site (http://photographersforwedding.ca).
- Winner: Best New Wedding Photographer – Milton
- Winner:Best New Wedding Photographer – Ontario Winner:
- Best New Wedding Photographer – Canada
About The Awards: Wedding Industry Experts – www.weddingindustryexperts.com:
The awards are an annual competition recognizing some of the most popular wedding vendors at a local, national and international level. Every participant has their own vote page that shows the category they are nominated for and a description of their business.
Blink Of An Eye Photography has been serving the Milton, Ontario and Toronto area for 5+ years. They have been rapidly growing in the community with almost 2,500 fans on Facebook. They have focused on Maternity, Baby and Families but have expanded their offering to include weddings. As part of this expanded service Blink Of An Eye has launched a dedicated wedding site to showcase their wedding portfolio. This site can be found at: photographersforwedding.ca. We are very excited to be moving in to weddings as we see it as a continuum of documenting families. From starting a family, to the growing of a family.
In addition Blink Of An Eye (blinkofaneyephoto.ca) participates in many community events to support the local area including: The Milton District Hospital Foundation, Oakville / Milton Humane Society, SNAP Milton, Indigo’s – For The love of Reading Foundation, as well as many local businesses in Milton and Oakville.
Marriage tips for newlyweds
So you are engaged and on your way to getting married. As I was looking for wedding advice and tips I came across this article on “The Top 5 Marriage Tips for Newlyweds” on RockInMarriage.com and just loved some of the points so I thought that I would summarize it here. Their high level points are:
- Avoid the assumption that there’s one right way to do things. Everyone is different, has a different background, culture and point of reference. There are very few things in life that are black and white. Make sure that you work through things as a team and always consider the other persons perspective and opinions
- Have fun. When you were dating and “wooing” it is fun and exciting. Teh thrill of dating and getting to know each other creates that spark. Make time to have fun together. It is easy to get caught in our daily lives but put time aside to do things that you love to do together. Even if it is as simple as a walk in the park or a trip to the museum.
- Write down your agreements. I wasn’t sure about this at first but after giving it some thought it has some sound logic. We all have things that are important to us and if we have agreed to certain things writing these down is a good reminder of things that are important to both of you. The things on this list might be a good place to start.
- Be grateful. There is an old saying that ”You can choose your friends, but not your family”. The most important friend that you will ever choose is your spouse. Be grateful that your partner choose you and show them that you mean it.
- Be flexible. We always have to choose our battles. Is it better to win the battle or the war. It feels a little wrong to use that phrase within the context of marriage but it holds some truth. There are always arguments or little disagreements in our relationships but as we are faced with these is it better to be “right” at this moment or to be flexible and make compromises to have a stronger relationship. It is in most of our natures to prove that we are right but this can come at a cost. Don’t always try to have the last word and consider your relationship when faced with these moments.
There are many sites and lists that provide advice on marriage but if we are considerate, respectful and are best friends almost anything can be worked out as a team.
Funny Wedding Invitation
I had to share this as sometimes you just need a good laugh. Some of these are funny because they are so true. We have been to weddings where these types of things have happened. Lets hope you don’t have any of these but if you do just have a good laugh.