A Classic / Vintage Wedding
In a recent blog we looked at trends for 2013 and having vintage wedding photography was one of those trends. As luck would have it today we received an email from TheKnot.com on having a classic wedding. Here is a summary of some of their points.
- Your Style: Incorporate a classic style into your wedding, think Jackie O
- Venue: Select a setting that has a historic feel. Casa Loma, Dundurn Castle, Royal York Hotel or King Edward Hotels, Hart House’s Great hall, The Allan Gardens or many others.
- Your dress: Look for sophisticated ball gown and possibly tails for the guys.
- Choosing your colors: Select colours that have a vintage feel, all white, gold, silver or Tiffany blue
- Flowers and Decor: Go with a classic feel (doesn’t have to be stuffy), roses, linens, candelabras etc…
- Music: Music plays such an important role in setting the feel. Vintage wedding options include a big band or piano player. If you are going with a DJ select music that fits the period you are emulating
- Toast: champagne flutes in a classic look will ad to the overall ambiance
If you are planning a vintage wedding we will happily work with you to make sure the wedding photography reflects the vintage wedding style.